Mumbai: INDIACSR (www.indiacsr.in), the only dedicated and the largest portal on CSR in India, in association with Kohana – A Dedicated CSR Consultancy, proudly announces its first CSR Conference (www.conference.indiacsr.in ) in Mumbai on 9th May 2012 at Hotel Ramada Plaza, Juhu, titled "CSR and Competitiveness".
Mr. Manoj Somasundaram MA Chartered FCIPD, CEO, Choice International and MD, Challenge Life Ltd (UK) (Consultant and Trainer on CSR, Diversity and Inclusion) will be the chief guest of the inaugural session of the conference.
INDIACSR approaches CSR with a distinctive perspective. Based on the philosophy and teachings engrained in the scriptures of India, INDIACSR believes in "loka samastha sukhino bhavanthu", a concept that means that all may be happy and healthy. The mega conference shall reflect on important emerging trends in this field and results in importing more qualitative and constructivist method of exploring CSR as a process of social construction.
"The conference is designed to witness how the forward thinking firms are approaching CSR as an initiative to improve the community, environment and its workforce with active participation of its key stakeholders towards bettering of the world." Rusen Kumar, Director of INDIACSR said.
"This CSR Conference would facilitate the gathering of many luminaries from the corporate and non-profit world. It shall witness how the profit driven business houses are involved in collectivism, informal virtue and morality." He added.
"CSR and Competitiveness relate through a learning and innovation cycle where values, policies and practices of a corporate body are re-defined. Embedding of CSR in the business process leads to innovation and ultimately results in competitiveness." Rusen Kumar said.
Integrating CSR in the strategic management process helps in developing a simple and consistent long term goal improves the understanding of the complexity of a competitive environment and aids in development of capacities and resources to learn change and enhance key stakeholder relationships. The theme gives us a scope to debate and discuss several possibilities and will provoke some unexpected transformative business solutions leading to a third wave sustainable organization.
This conference aims to address some of the main barriers for managing and developing CSR and aligning it with current business process and sustainability objectives. Enlightened speeches and discussions would guide us towards the path of reinventing the organization into a learning and innovative organization.
The gathering in the economic capital of India would reach beyond academic research and business operations and would focus on the harmony in our society through the CSR lens.
The brilliance of the speakers through their speeches, presentations and case studies would highlight thought provoking activities and facilitate knowledge transfer across the august gathering.
The noted speakers in this conference are:
• Vijay Kapur, International CSR Expert, Executive Director- Kohana CSR, Malaysia /Mumbai
• Enakshi Sengupta, International CSR Expert, Executive Director- Kohana , Malaysia /Mumbai
• Dr. Rana Singh, Prof. & Asst. Dean School of Management & Entrepreneurship, Auro University, Surat
• Anil Jaggi, CSR Consultant, CEO - Green Earth Alliance, Dehradun
• Kartikeya Kompella, Brand Expert, Vice President, Lowe Lintas + Partners, Bangalore
• Robins Duncan, Director, Habitat for Humanity India. Mumbai
• Vinay Somani, Founder and Trustee, Karmayog, Mumbai
• Sundeep Paulose, Senior Consultant, Government Reforms & Infrastructure Development, PricewaterhouseCoopers Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
• Sharon Weir, Founder of 4th Wheel, Ahmedabad
• Noshir H. Dadrawala, Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Advancement of Philanthropy (CAP), Mumbai
• Cristiana Peruzzo, Head of CSR, Innovaid Advisory Services, Mumbai
• Harsha Mukherjee, CSR Researcher and Consultant, Founder Ekjaa, Mumbai
• Ravindra Chamaria, CMD, Infinity Infotech Parks Ltd, Vice Chairman, Akshaya Patra, Kolkata
• Dr Yudhbir Singh (IAS), National President, ISBTI, Deputy Commissioner, Dist Jind, Haryana
• Asha Nachi, Head-Marketing & Operations , Eram Scientific Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
• CA Raj Kumar S Adhukia, Mumbai
• Satish Jha, Chairman, OLPC India Foundation , New Delhi
• Sunita Gandhi, President, Global Classroom Pvt Ltd, President, GEMS, USA, President Nurture International, Lucknow
• Sourab Jain, AVP-Vice President –Markets , First Climate India Pvt Ltd, Mumbai
• David Boyd-Thomas, Head of Corporate Responsibility & Community Affairs, Asia Pacific, UBS
• S. Lakshmi Narasimhan, Director , AIM for Seva, Chennai
• Prof. Ujjwal. K.Chowdhury , Dean, Whistling Woods, School of Communication, Mumbai, and former Dean, Symbiosis International University,Pune