Applications are invited on plain paper from Indian nationals residing in India for the award of scholarships offered by the Government of Japan for the year 2013 for pursuing Master's Level and Ph.D level programmes in Japanese Universities. No scholarship will be offered for Post Doctoral studies (After Ph.D or at final stages of Ph.D). The subjects in which scholarships will be awarded are given below:
1) Information Technology (2) Optical Fiber Communication (3) Quality and Reliability Engg (4) Electronics & Communication (5) Robotics (6) Laser Technology (7) Biotechnology (8) Japanese Language and Literature (9) Fisheries (10) Japanese Studies (11) Earthquake Engg (12) Environmental Science (13) Architecture (14) Aerospace Engg (15) Material Science/Engg.
Duration : About two Years.
Value of Scholarship : Each grantee will be provided monthly with 143,000 Yen (Research students Course), 144000 Yen (students enrolled in a Master's program or a professional degree program), or 145,000Yen(students enrolled in a doctoral program) (an additional monthly stipend of 2,000 or 3,000 Yen may be provided to those undertaking study research in specially designated regions). However, these amounts are subject to change depending on the annual budget of each year. The scholarship will not be paid to a grantee that takes a leave of absence or is long absent from his/her university.
Passage Cost : Economy class air-ticket from the international Airport closest to his/her place of residence in India to Narita International Airport, Japan and back will be provided by the Japanese Government.
Age Limit : Applicant must have born on or after April 2, 1978 (Below 35 years as on 1st April, 2013).
Eligibility Conditions :
1. For Master's Degree : Bachelor's Degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks. The candidates should obtain their mark sheet and degree on or before 1.4.2013
2. For Research Studies/Ph.D : Master' Degree in the relevant field with minimum 65% marks. Candidate having practical research/teaching/work experience after obtaining the prescribed qualification as on 1-4-2013 would be preferred
3. Japanese Language: a) Students who are enrolled in the Post Graduate Degree course in Japanese Language from a recognized university.
b) Students who have completed undergraduate Degree Course in Japanese Language from a recognized university.
c) Students who have completed undergraduate degree course in any subject from recognized university and who have completed Level 2 of the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) conducted by Japan Foundation and have completed at least 3 years of Japanese Language study from a recognized university/institute in India.
4. Japanese Studies: Masters Degree in the relevant field in the sub ject mentioned above with minimum 65% marks.
Candidates should apply for the above scholarship on a plain paper preferably typed or neatly hand written with a recent passport size photograph, in the prescribed Performa to "The Section Officer, ES.3 Section, Department of Higher Education, West Block-1, Wing-6, 2nd floor, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066" by18th, May 2012 Applications can also be submitted online at the website www.sakshat.ac.in by 18--05-2012 upto 5.30 PM. Relevant documents must be furnished by post before closing date. The hardcopy of online application must be submitted on or before 25.05.2012 duly mentioned the registration Number of on line application. The applications received after closing date will not be considered.
1. The following must be attached with the application:
(a) Attested copy of the mark-sheet of the qualifying examination; and attested copy of the certificate certifying the date of birth.
(b) Attested copies of all other degrees/diplomas/certificates etc.
(c) Self attested copies would not be accepted.
(d) Where grades are mentioned, the candidate must indicate the conversion formula adopted by the University/Institution and should indicate equivalent percentage of marks.
2. The Japanese Govt. will conduct written examination of English language test (one hour duration) of all the candidates applied for the Japanese Govt. Scholarship 2013, in addition to interviews conducted by Ministry of HRD (Department of Higher Education) by committee of experts in various subject fields. The result/marks of English test will be counted in the overall merit of the scholar & will directly affect the selection of candidates. For further information regarding this test candidates are advised to also log on to the following website of Japanese Embassy: www.studyjapan.go.jp/en/toj/toj0308e.html#1
3. The medium of instruction in most of Japanese Universities is "Japanese Language" hence candidates are required to go under six months Japanese Language Course at Japan before commencement of their main studies.
4. Any candidate who desires to move on to a regular graduate course after studying as a
Research Student or to move on from a master's course or a professional graduate course
to a doctoral course can move on to a higher education through passing an entrance examination given by the university concerned.
5. All the candidates called for interview for the scholarship will have to undergo Japanese
Language Test (1 hour's duration compulsory) irrespective of the subject for which they are applying. However, the performance in the Japanese Language Test will not affect the selection of candidates except those applying for Japanese Language & Japanese studies.
6. Equivalent foreign degrees will be considered.
7. M. Phil will be treated as one year's research experience unless a certificate from the University is enclosed stating the duration of the M.Phil Course in that University.
8. Candidates who have already been abroad for study/research/training for more than six months at a time either on a scholarship or on their own, are eligible to apply only if they have been in India for at least two consecutive years after their return from abroad. Applications of candidates, who are staying abroad, will not be considered.
9. Masters Degree means M.A./M.Sc./M.Tech./M.E./M.B.A./M.Fisheries. B.Sc (Engg.), B.Tech, B.E. etc are treated as equivalent to Bachelors Degree.
10. Candidates should have adequate knowledge of geographical situation, culture and heritage of Japan and India.
11. Applications in subject-fields, other than those specified, will not be considered. A Candidate can apply only in one subject.
12. Employed candidates must send their applications through their employers with "No Objection Certificate". However, an advance application can be submitted with the understanding that the application through employer should reach before the date of interview. Otherwise candidates will not be allowed to appear for interview. Advance application must be complete in all respects.
13. Essential: All Candidates must attach with the application a description in at least 600 words of his project/proposal of study/research to be undertaken in Japan.
14. In case no communication is received by a candidate and his name is not display on the Dep't. Website, who applied in response to the advertisement by 31.8.2012., it may be presumed that he/she has not been nominated for the scholarship. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
Applications, which are incomplete, will not be considered. Husband & wife both can apply for the scholarship. While indicating the period of past experience and stay abroad, candidate should mention the specific dates. As these scholarships are offered by foreign Govt. the applications should be submitted in English only. Scholars are recommended to bring approximate US$ 2,000 or equivalent to cover immediate needs after arrival in Japan
Mere fulfillment of minimum requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for interview. Interview letters are sent only to limited number of candidates after the committee of experts examines their applications and it can be seen on the departments website www.education.nic.in.
It is very important that applicants who are in employment to which they wish to return should have an assurance that if their nomination is successful, they will be granted sufficient leave of absence. Scholars may require knowing the difference between the Japanese Law and the Law of Home country. The candidate must obtain the Degree certificate before 1.4.2013
| Email Story
|| Print Story